Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|WARNING: I have not found any primary records, such as a will or family bible, to document the connections between Peter and his alleged children, except for two census records, which at best document only two of his children. Secondary sources vary wildly as to which children they assign to him and to his brothers. If anyone knows on what basis Peter's children were assigned to him (ditto his brothers), please share.|
|Husband: Peter CARRICO
Birth: 1770/1, VA
Death: 27 Dec 1865, Grayson Co., VA
Father: Abel CARRICO II
Mother: Nancy Ann KENT
|Marriage: ca. 1794|
|Wife: Nancy WILKERSON — is she an aunt of Mary
WILKERSON (b. 1797/8, NC)?
Death apparently: 1840-50, Grayson Co., VA
|Children — born in Grayson Co., VA:|
| 1. (Daughter A) CARRICO, b. 1794-1804 — Delilah
CARRICO, b. 1797/8
2. (Daughter B) CARRICO, b. 1800-1804 — Sarah Catherine "Sally" CARRICO, b. 4 Jan 1799
3. (Son A) CARRICO, b. 1794-1801 — Wilkerson CARRICO, b. 1801/2
4. (Daughter C) CARRICO, b. 1800-1804 — Elizabeth CARRICO, b. 1801/4
5. (Daughter D) CARRICO, b. 1804-10 — still living in 1830, but gone by 1840
6. (Son B) CARRICO, b. 1804-10 — still living in 1830, but gone by 1840
7. (Daughter E) CARRICO, b. 1810-15 — still living in 1840, but gone by 1850
8. (Daughter F) CARRICO, b. 1810-15 — Malvina CARRICO, b. 1815-20
9. (Son C) CARRICO, b. 1810-15 — Stephen CARRICO, b. 1814/5
10. (Son D) CARRICO, b. 1815-20 — Harold CARRICO, b. 22 Feb 1818
The strongest cases can be made for Elizabeth being their daughter and Harold being their son because the former is living with Peter in the 1850 census and Peter is living with the latter in the 1860 census. A case can be made for Harold and Stephen being brothers because they are listed next to each other in the 1850 and 1860 censuses. I have made Stephen and Harold the two sons born between 1810 and 1820, as they are the most likely candidates. This selection rules out any other males in this age class from being their sons.
|This child is said to be Peter's, but her mother appears to be "Caroline,"
. Mary "Polly" CARRICO, b. 6 Jul 1808 or 1810
This child is said to be Peter's, but he's also said to be the son of
CARRICO III; I don't know which is correct.
|. Catharine CARRICO [African-American], b. ca. 1800, VA — freed slave|
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Virginia|
|Sources (n.b., Grayson Co. was formed in 1793 from Wythe Co.):
1. Marriage Records:
2. 1790 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): the entire 1790 census of VA was lost.
3. 1800 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): the entire 1800 census of VA was lost.
4a. 1810 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): the 1810 census of Grayson Co., VA, was lost.
4b. The 1810 Grayson County, Virginia Tax List [link died] (online at Jeffry Weaver's New River Notes web site):
5. 1820 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #7 of 23; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
6. 1830 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #13 of 86; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
7. 1840 Census Index/Images (online at Genealogy.com, Image #37-38 of 52; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
8a. 1850 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #109 of 148 — indexed "Caines"): District No. 19, Grayson Co., VA, Roll M432_947, p. 213A, 746/746, enumerated 27 Sep 1850, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
8b. 1850 Slave Schedule Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #4 of 6): District No. 19, Grayson Co., VA, p. [indecipherable], enumerated 30 Aug 1850, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):-
9a. 1860 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #8 of 196): Independence P.O., Grayson Co., VA, Roll M653_1348, p. 8, PN 8, 56/52, enumerated 28 Jun 1860, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1860 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
9b. 1850 Slave Schedule Images (online at Ancestry.com): Peter no longer listed as a slave owner.
10a. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: Pedigree Resource File (index to CDs, online at FamilySearch.org).
10b. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: IGI - International Genealogical Index (online at FamilySearch.org).
11. WorldConnect / Ancestry World Trees (online at RootsWeb.com/Ancestry.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents