Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Royal T. WILLIAMS
Delilah Sampson GAULDING
|Husband: Royal / Royall T. WILLIAMS
Birth: 1800, VA
Death: 27 Jan 1865, Middlebury, Mercer Co., MO
Disposition: buried Middlebury Cemetery, Mercer Co., MO
Occupation: merchant (general store), Middlebury
Occupation: 1847, appointed Postmaster, Middlebury
Father: Edward WILLIAMS
Mother: Mary WOODCOCK
|Marriage: 14 Feb 1826, VA|
|Wife: Delilah Sampson GAULDING
Birth: 15 Nov 1799, Farmville, Prince Edward Co., VA
Death: 5 Nov 1879, Dixon, Solano Co., CA
mtDNA Haplogroup (of matrilineal line descendant): H4a1a3a
Father: Jacob GAULDING
Mother: Ms. ANDERSON
|— born in Farmville, Prince Edward Co., VA:
1. Elizabeth LaVernia WILLIAMS, b. 9 Dec 1826
2. Amanda Caroline WILLIAMS, b. 27/28 Aug 1828
3. David A. WILLIAMS, b. 21 Oct 1832
4. Macedonia Alice WILLIAMS, b. 19 Dec 1830/33
5. Mary Jane WILLIAMS, b. 1 Sep 1834
6. Sarah Ann WILLIAMS, b. 22 Dec 1836
— born in Livingston (now Mercer) Co., MO:
— born in Grundy (now Mercer) Co., MO:
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, California, Missouri, Virginia|
1. Family Group Sheet by Betty Ann (MATTHIESEN) COGLIATI and her maternal grandmother, Maude Irene (THOMPSON) ROSE, whose mother died young so was raised by her maternal grandmother, the above Elizabeth LaVernia (WILLIAMS) McCRAY.
2a. 1820 Census: Prince Edward Co., VA (records extracted by Mrs. Thomas W. Botts, 1205 University Ave., Columbia, MO, and supplied courtesy of Art Daly). The following are listed as heads-of-households: John B. ROYAL, Littleberry ROYAL, William WILLIAMS, John R. WILLIAMS, Theodore WILLIAMS, and Thomas D. WILLIAMS.
2b. 1820 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): Royal not enumerated, as expected.
3. 1830 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #57-58 of 74; official enumeration date 1 Jun 1830; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
4. 1840 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #4-5 of 8 — indexed as being in Jackson Twp., but it says Franklin Twp. on the page; note that number pages precede name pages; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
5a. 1850 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #27 of 66): District 56, Mercer Co., MO, p. 386A, 171/4, enumerated 26 Aug 1850, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
5b. 1850 Slave Schedule Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #1 of 1; missing columns contained no data): District 56, Mercer Co., MO, p. 649, enumerated 25 Aug 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
6a. 1860 Census: Middlebury P.O., Mercer Co., MO, p. 193 (extracted by Doreen McGowan and Mrs. Botts, the latter courtesy of Art Daly):
6b. 1860 U.S. Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #6 of 14): Middlebury P.O., Washington Twp., Mercer Co., MO, Roll, PN 92, 672/672, enumerated 18 Jun 1860, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1860 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
6c. 1860 Slave Schedule Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #1 of 1; missing columns contained no data): Various Townships, Mercer Co., MO, p. 80A, PN 1, enumerated 1 Jun 1860, (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
7. Family Quest Archives: California Federal Census 1870: Sonoma County. Heritage Quest CD M593-91: Cloverdale Township, Sonoma Co., CA, p. 267B, 21/21, enumerated 21 Jun 1870 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
8. Mrs. B.F. Hoover & Mrs. D. Hesler. 1965. Middlebury Cemetery, Mercer County, MO. (Online at the Mercer County MOGenWeb site):
9. Art Daly kindly sent me a photocopy of a photograph of the stone. It reads:
*A five pointed star pointing downwards (symbol of the Order of the Eastern Star).
10. Betty Ann (Matthiesen) Cogliati. Tombstone photograph taken 21 May 1977 in the Silveyville Cemetery, Dixon, Solano Co., CA. It reads:
11. Bev Daly kindly sent this excerpt of a letter from Mrs. W.S. Morton of Farmville, VA (dated 12 Mar 1957):
12. From "Mary Hart, 25 Jul 1963," presumably entries in the Deed Books of Mercer Co., MO (courtesy of Art Daly):
13. Emails from William Gaulding, Art Daly, Lawrence May, Doreen McGowan, Carol Mahoney.
14. Broderbund. World Family Trees. Vol. 1, Pedigrees #1943 and #2923, submitted by Thomas A. Gauldin.
15. J.M. Guinn. 1904. A History of the State of California and Biographical Record of Coast Counties, California. Chapman Publ. Co., Chicago. See biographical sketch of William Lafayette McCRAY, son of William Henry McCRAY and Macedonia Alice WILLIAMS.
16. Mrs. Mary Casteel Linn. [n.d.] Notes on Royal Williams from the History of Mercer County (1888).
17. Author and title of article unknown. Dec 1965. Clues. On p. 812:
18. See article on "Old Middleburg or Middlebury" by Doris Thompson (courtesy of Art Daly).
19. Messages posted to the Williams Family Genealogy Forum (online at GenForum.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control.
|Table of Contents