Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Jasper E. EOFF
Sarah Elizabeth WIDEMAN
Cecelia Bernetta MEDLEY
Sarah Angeline PEPPER
|Husband: Jasper E. EOFF / OAFES / OEFS / OAF
Birth: 9 Apr 1846, Morse Mill, Jefferson Co., MO
Death: 30 Sep 1908, St. Louis, MO
Disposition: buried Bethlehem Baptist Church Cemetery, Big River, Jefferson Co., MO
Father: Samuel Parker EOFF
Mother: Jemima "Mamie" JONES
|Marriage-1: 11 Jan 1866, Jefferson Co., MO|
|Wife-1: Sarah Elizabeth WIDEMAN
Birth: ca. 1847
Death: bef. 25 Jul 1870
|Marriage-2: 25 Jul 1870, Jefferson Co., MO|
|Wife-2: Mary / Margaret STROUP / STROUPP
Birth: ca. 1851
Death: 3 Oct 1879, near Hillsboro, Jefferson Co., MO
Father: Mr. STROUP
Mother: Ms. __?__
|Marriage-3: 16 Nov 1879, Jefferson Co., MO|
|Wife-3: Permelia "Amelia" THOMPSON
Birth: 1856/7, MO
Death: Dec 1880
Father: Jefferson THOMPSON
Mother: Catharine __?__
|Wife-4: Ms. __?__
Death: 17 Mar 1882, Jefferson Co., MO
|Marriage-5: 8 Jan 1884, St. Louis Co., MO; div. 1890, St. Louis Co., MO|
|Wife-5: Celia / Celiah / Cecelia Bernetta / Bernette MEDLEY
Birth: Jan 1838, MO
Other Spouses: m1. 11 Aug 1854, Jefferson Co., MO, Samuel PEPPER; m2. 1 Sep 1869, Jefferson Co., MO, William G. CUNNINGHAM; m3. 1870s, Mr. EVERETT
Father: Joseph Allen MEDLEY
Mother: Harriet FORREST
|Marriage-6: 16 Apr 1890, St. Louis, MO|
|Wife-6: Sarah Angeline PEPPER / PEPPERS
Birth: Jul 1855 or 1856/7 or 8 Jul 1859, Meramac Twp., Jefferson Co., MO
Death: 14 May 1933, St. Louis, MO
Other Spouses: m1. Thomas FARLEY; m2. Andrew J. NULL; m4. aft. 1911, Mr. WELLS
Father: Samuel PEPPER
Mother: Cecelia Bernetta MEDLEY
|Children with Sarah Elizabeth WIDEMAN:|
|Children with Mary STROUP — born in Jefferson Co., MO:|
|1. Henry Martin EOFF, b. 4 Aug 1872; d. 22 May 1953
2. William Jasper EOFF, b. 1875/6; d. 1956
3. Thomas EOFF, b. 1877/8
|Children with Permelia / Amelia THOMPSON:|
|Children with Wife-4:|
|Child with Cecelia Bernetta MEDLEY — born in Jefferson Co., MO:|
/ Mima / Mamie Bernetta EOFF, b. 20 Jan 1889
Secondary sources have her born in 1890, the daughter of Sarah PEPPER, but the 1900 census clearly shows Minnie born Jan 1889, before Jasper is said to have divorced Cecelia and before he married Sarah. Or was an affair with his stepdaughter, Sarah PEPPER, the cause of the divorce? In which case, she is Sarah's daughter. The fact that Minnie is living with Sarah, not Bernetta, in the 1900 census suggests that is the case, unless Jasper won custody of her. This could probably be resolved by obtaining the divorce records.
|Children with Sarah Angeline PEPPER — born in Jefferson Co., MO:|
/ Mima / Mamie Bernetta EOFF, b. 20 Jan 1889
5. Anna Angeline "Annie" EOFF, b. 14 Feb 1893
6. Richard EOFF, b. 9 Aug 1900; d. 3 Jun 1952
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Missouri, North Carolina, Virginia|
1. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1998. Marriage Index: Missouri, 1851-1900. Liahona Research, Orem, UT (Broderbund CD-234):
2a. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: IGI - International Genealogical Index (online at FamilySearch.org).
2b. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: Pedigree Resource File (index to CDs, online at FamilySearch.org).
3. 1850 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com):¤•
4. 1860 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com):¤•
5a. 1870 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #41 of 400; online at Genealogy.com, #41 of 52): Hillsboro P.O., Big River Twp., Jefferson Co., MO, Roll 783 (Book 1), p. 215A, PN 41, enumerated 5 Jul 1870, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1870 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
5b. 1870 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com):
6a. 1880 United States Census and National Index (LDS Family History Resource File: CD-ROM Library):¤•
6b. 1800 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com)
7. 1890 Census: the 1890 census population schedules were destroyed.
8a. 1900 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #23-24 of 26 — indexed "Daf"): Meramec Twp., Jefferson Co., MO, Roll T623_867 (Book 2), pp. 107A-107B, SN 12, SD 10, ED 55, enumerated 23 Jun 1900, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1900 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤-
8b. 1900 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #22 of 31): Meramec Twp., St. Louis Co., MO, Roll T623_888 (Book 2), p. 173B, SN 11, SD 10, ED 124, enumerated 19 Jun 1900, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1900 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):-
9. 1910 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #23 of 29): Bon Homme Twp., St. Louis Co., MO, Roll T624_809 (Book 2), p. 12A, SN 12A, SD 11, ED 97, enumerated 28 Apr 1910, official enumeration date 15 Apr 1910 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):-
10. 1920 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): Widow Sarah (PEPPER) WELLS is living in Central Twp., St. Louis Co., MO, with her married (step?)daughter, Mamie B. (EOFF) FLATBUSH (q.v.).
12. Death Notice in the Jefferson Democrat (courtesy of Shirley Azvedo):
13. Message in the MOJEFFER-L Archives (online at RootsWeb.com):
14. WorldConnect / Ancestry World Trees (online at RootsWeb.com/Ancestry.com). A file there includes this Note for Jacob E. EOFF:
15. Archives of the STROUP-L mailing list (online at RootsWeb.com), gatewayed to the STROUP Surname Message Board (online at Ancestry.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents