Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Husband: William McCRAY
Birth: 23 Apr 1789, Jonesborough, Washington Co., NC [now TN]
Death: 13 Mar 1849, Grundy Co., MO
Military Service: War of 1812: Sgt., East Tennessee Militia, Capt. Henry McCray's Co.
Father: Daniel McCRAY
Mother: Sarah NODDING
|Marriage-1: 7 Jul 1807, Washington Co., TN|
|Wife-1: Mariah KOONTZ
|Marriage-2: 24 Mar 1812, Carter Co., TN|
|Wife-2: Sarah "Sallie" HENDRY
Birth: 7 Jul 1792
Death: 23 Mar 1830, Monroe Co., TN
Father: William HENDRY
Mother: Chloe __?__
|Marriage-3: 1830, TN|
|Wife-3: Nancy Anderson BRYANT
Birth: ca. 19 Mar 1802
Death: 26 Mar 1848, Grundy Co., MO
Other Spouse: m1. Reuben JOHNSON
|Marriage-4: 22 Nov 1848, Mercer or Grundy Co., MO|
|Wife-4: Martha DAVIS or Martha ATHERTON|
|Child with Mariah KOONTZ:|
|1. Maria B. McCRAY, b. 10 Mar 1809, Washington Co., TN|
|Children with Sarah HENDRY — born in Washington Co., TN:|
| 2. Marshall A. McCRAY, b. 16 Jan 1813
3. Thomas McCRAY, b. 12 Jan 1815; d.s.p. 25 Jan 1816, Washington Co., TN
4. Elijah H. McCRAY, b. 16 Dec 1816
5. Minerva McCRAY, b. 24 Apr 1819
6. George Clinton McCRAY, b. 23 Mar 1821
7. Fedoria McCRAY, b. 1822
8. McEwen McCRAY, b. 23 May 1823; d.s.p. 16 Dec 1823, Washington Co., TN
9. William Henry McCRAY, b. 21 Mar 1825
10. Nancy R. McCRAY, b. Feb 1828
|Children with Nancy BRYANT — born in Monroe Co., TN:|
McCRAY, b. 4 Aug 1831
12. Caroline P. McCRAY, b. 31 Oct 1833
13. Mary Louisa McCRAY, b. 20 Feb 1836
14. Rachel E. A. McCRAY, b. 11 Nov 1837
|Children with Martha DAVIS:|
1. Family Group Sheets prepared by Betty Ann (Matthiesen) Cogliati and her grandmother, Maude Irene (Thompson) Rose.
2. Philip Roger McCray. 1993. McCrays of America. 2nd ed. Heritage Books, Bowie, MD, p. 144.
3. William McCray Family Bible: William McCray married Mariah Koontz 7 July 1807 in Washington Co., TN.
4. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1993. Tennessee Marriages: Early to 1850. Liahona Res., Orem, UT (Broderbund, Marriage Index CD-229):
5. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1830 (Broderbund CD-315):
6. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1840 (Broderbund CD-316):
7. Grundy County, MO, 1850 Census (online at the Grundy County MOGenWeb site): Dist. #35, Grundy Co., MO, 133/133, enumerated 15 Aug 1850:
8. Mrs. O.L. Livingston & Mrs. B.F. Hoover. 1964. Newton-McCray (aka Johnson) Cemetery, Franklin Twp., Grundy Co., MO (online at the Grundy County MOGenWeb site):
10. Marjorie Hood Fischer. 1996. Tennesseans before 1800, Washington County. Frontier Press, Galveston, TX. On p. 201:
11. War of 1812, Soldiers from Washington County, Tennessee (online at the Washington County TNGenWeb site):
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control.
|Table of Contents