Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Microsoft Explorer and Chrome no longer display "plain vanilla" HTML code correctly. Please use Firefox to view my pages.|
|Rev. Samuel LANE, Jr.
Mary Jane CORBIN
|Husband: Samuel LAIN / LANE, Jr.
Birth: 8 Feb 1736/7, Baltimore Co., MD
Death: 21 Mar 1812, Bedford, Huntingdon Co., PA
Disposition: buried 22 Mar 1812, Mill Creek, Huntingdon Co., PA
Father: Samuel LANE, Sr.
Mother: Jane CORBIN
|Wife-1: Mary Jane CORBIN
Birth: ca. 1740, Baltimore Co., MD
Father: Edward CORBIN
Mother: Mary __?__
|Wife-2: Mary WILEY [most secondary sources say she was his third wife, but see 1858 letter below]|
|Wife-3: Keziah SIAS [most secondary sources say she was the second
wife, but see 1858 letter below]
Birth: ca. 1750s/60s, Baltimore Co., MD
Siblings: Sarah (SIAS) CORBIN, Joseph SIAS, and Benjamin SIAS
|Children with Mary Jane CORBIN — born in Baltimore Co., MD:|
| 1. Mary "Polly" LANE, b. 1756; d. 1 Jun 1842; bur. Adamsville,
Coshocton Co., OH; m. William G. EMLER
2. Richard LANE, b. 12 Jan 1759; d. 19 Jun 1838, Brady Twp., Bedford Co., PA; m. 9 Nov 1784, Huntingdon Co., PA, Hannah MORRIS
3. Ruth LANE, b. ca. 1763
4. Abraham LANE, b. 1764; d. 30 Mar 1847, Muskingum Co., OH; m. Mary MORRIS/MORRISON; m. Mary BAKER
5. Jane LANE, b. 1765/6
6. Pretsoca Socia LANE, b. 1766
7. Elizabeth "Betsy" LANE, b. 1768; d. MO
8. Dutton LANE, b. 1769
9. Samuel LANE, b. 1771; d. Perry Co., OH
|Children with Mary WILEY:|
|? (Daughter A) LANE, b. 1774-84
? (Daughter B) LANE, b. 1774-84
|Children with Keziah SIAS — all said to be born in Brady Twp., Huntingdon Co., PA or in Bedford Co., PA:|
|10. James LANE, b. 1784/5
11. Delilah LANE, b. 1785/6
12. Caleb LANE [said to be twin to Joshua], b. 1787; lived in PA
13. Joshua LANE [said to be twin to Caleb], b. 1787; moved to OH
14. John LANE, b. 1789; d. 1823, Muskingum Co., OH; said to be bur. Licking Co., OH; m. Mary BAXTER
15. George LANE [twin], b. 1792/3
16. Phoebe LANE [twin], b. 1792/3; d. Clearfield, OH/PA; m. Mr. WRIGHT
17. Sarah LANE, b. 9 Sep 1795; d. May 1885, Milesburg, PA; m. Capt. William LEVY of Lewistown
18. Eleanor LANE, b. 22 Jan 1799; d. 9 May 1882; bur. Allensville, Mifflin Co., PA; m. Paul ORLADY, blacksmith of Roxbury; many years a widow
19. Abner Wilkinson LANE, b. 1799; d. Freeport, Armstrong Co., PA; teacher, then mercant in Williamsburg, then Freeport
20. Jacob LANE, b. 1801; resided Springfield Twp., Huntingdon Co., PA
21. (Infant) LANE, b. ca. 1803
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Marylan, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania|
1. Letter, dated 19 Jun 1858, from Keziah (GREENLAND) SHANAFELT (click her link for a full transcription) of Clarion Co., PA, to her son, Thomas. Keziah is a granddaughter of Benjamin & Sarah (SIAS) CORBIN. The letter is in the possession of Laurel Shanafelt Powell of Colorado, and Lorinda Clendenon Greenland generously posted a transcription at her web site.
2. Marriage Record:
3. 1790 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #8 of 12; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
4. 1800 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #7 of 7; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
5. 1810 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #6 of 9; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤•
6. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1820 (Broderbund CD-314): not found.
7. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: AF - Ancestral File (online at FamilySearch.org).
8. Broderbund. World Family Trees. Vol. 40, Pedigree No. 356. Says "Mary" is "Mary Jane" and that her parents are Edward & Jane (WILKINSON) CORBIN, but no child, Mary, is mentioned in Edward's will. There is another Edward CORBIN (wife Mary), who is probably either the son or nephew of the Edward married to Jane, who did mention a daughter, Mary, in his will, and I believe he is likely the father of our subject.
9. WorldConnect / Ancestry World Trees (online at RootsWeb.com/Ancestry.com).
10. Apparently, there is a biographical sketch of our subject in J. Simpson Africa's book, History of Huntingdon and Blair Counties, Pennsylvania (1883, L.H. Everts, Philadelphia). [not seen]
11. Email from Gary T. Lane:
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|Table of Contents