Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
Thankful Desire KING
|Husband: Jacob GALUSHA
Birth: 9 Mar 1720, Lyme, New London Co., CT
Death: 13 Feb 1792, Shaftsbury, Bennington Co., VT
Military Service: Revolutionary War
Father: Daniel GALUSHA
Mother: Sarah WARREN
|Marriage-1: 10 Sep 1745, Norwich, New London Co., CT|
|Wife-1: Lydia HUNTINGTON
Birth: 25 Apr 1728, Norwich, New London Co., CT
Father: Matthew HUNTINGTON
Mother: Lydia LEONARD
|Marriage-2: 9 Sep 1764, Norwich, New London Co., CT|
|Wife-2: Thankful Desire KING|
|Wife-3: Desire ANDRUS / ANDREWS
Death: 28 Sep 1775
Other Spouse: m1. Mr. METCALF
|Marriage-4: 25 Feb 1776, Norwich, New London Co., CT|
|Wife-4: Abigail PORTER|
|Children with Lydia HUNTINGTON — born in Norwich Twp., New London Co., CT:|
| 1. (Gov.)
Jonas GALUSHA, b. 11 Feb 1753
2. Mary GALUSHA, b. 10 Nov 1746
3. David GALUSHA, b. 30 Oct 1748; d. 26 Aug 1804; m1. 31 Jan 1773, Charity LATHROP / LUTHER; m2. 21 Nov 1779, Rhoda Maria GALUSHA
4. Jacob GALUSHA, b. 28 Dec 1750; m. 13 Feb 1765, Bennington Co., VT, Parthenia HARD
5. Amos GALUSHA, b. 1 Apr 1755; d. 16 Oct 1839; m. 1788, Mary CLARK
6. (Capt.) Elijah George GALUSHA, b. 23 Oct 1757
7. Olive GALUSHA, b. 4 Dec 1759
8. Lydia GALUSHA, b. 1 Jun 1762; d. 11 Aug 1802
9. Anna GALUSHA, b. 6 May 1764
Jacob would have been only 14 in Feb 1765, so I seriously doubt this marriage record.
|Children with Thankful KING — born in Norwich Twp., New London Co., CT:|
|10. Lucy GALUSHA, b. 5 May 1765|
|Children with Desire ANDRUS:|
GALUSHA, b. 1768, Norwich, New London Co., CT
12. Ezra GALUSHA, b. 1769/70, Canada(?)
13. Benjamin GALUSHA, b. Nov 1770; d. 5 Feb 1854
14. Desire GALUSHA, b. 31 Dec 1771 or 13 Dec 1772, Salisbury, Litchfield Co., CT; d. 10 Mar 1855; m. 3 Mar 1791, John PARKS
15. Sarah "Sally" GALUSHA, b. 30 Jun 1774; d. 13 Jan 1813
16. Elias GALUSHA, b. 9 Sep 1775; d. 12 May 1829
|Children with Abigail PORTER:|
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Connecticut, Vermont|
1. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1790 (Broderbund CD-311):
2. Frederick Adams Virkus, ed. 1933. The Compendium of American Genealogy. Institute of American Genealogy, Chicago (1968 by Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore; Broderbund CD-200). In v. 6, on p. 292:
3. Anon. 1915. The Huntington Family in America: a Genealogical Memoir of the Known Descendants of Simon Huntington from 1633 to 1915. Huntington Family Assn., Hartford, CT (online at GenealogyLibrary.com). See excerpt.
4. WorldConnect (online at RootsWeb.com).
5. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: Ancestral File (AF).
6. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: IGI - International Genealogical Index (online at FamilySearch.org).
7. Messages posted to the Galusha Family Genealogy Forum (online at GenForum.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents