Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|George ELY II
|Husband: George EALY / ELEY / ELIE / ELI / ELY
Birth: 1777/8, PA
Death: 19 Jan 1869, East Finley Twp., Washington Co., PA
Father: George ELY I
Mother: Eva Christina STROH-SCHNEIDER / STROSNIDER
|Wife-1: Mary BARRETT|
|Marriage-2: ca. 1802, Washington Co., PA|
|Wife-2: Christine EARNEST
Did they divorce?
|Marriage-3: 1809, Washington Co., PA|
|Wife-3: Catherine BARRIERE
|Marriage-4: 1814, Washington Co., PA|
|Wife: Christiana ELY [first cousin]
Birth: 10 mar 1786, Londonderry Twp., Dauphin [now Lebanon] Co., PA
Baptism: 12 Mar 1786, Bindagle Church, Palmyra, Dauphin [now Lebanon] Co., PA
Death: 27 Aug 1845, East Finley Twp., Washington Co., PA
Disposition: buried Trussell Cemetery, East Finley Twp., Washington Co., PA
Father: Michael ELY
Mother: Anna Maria/Mary [REGINA?]
|Children with Mary BARRETT:|
|Children with Christine EARNEST — born in Finley [now East Finley] Twp., Washington Co., PA:|
| 1. John
ELY/EALY, b. 4 Oct 1803
2. Henry ELY, b. 23 Dec 1805
3. Mary ELY, b. ca. 1807
4. George ELY/EALY, b. 1809
|Child with Catherine BARRIERE — born in Finley [now East Finley] Twp., Washington Co., PA:|
|5. Michael ELY, b. 20 Aug 1810; d. 26 Apr 1895|
|Children with Christiana ELY — born in Finley [now East Finley] Twp., Washington Co., PA:|
| 6. Mary
Jane ELY, b. 1815
7. Daniel ELY, b. 1815/6
8. Catherine ELY, b. 17 Mar 1819; d. 19 Dec 1898, New Mansfield, Athens Co., OH; m. 1842 Christopher SCOTT
9. Christiana EALY, b. 9 Jan 1824
10. Martin Ellsworth ELY, b. 15 Jan 1826
|Comment: I'm not certain these marriage dates are anything but guesses, which means I'm not certain who mothered which children, except that Christiana and Martin are surely Christiana's.|
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Pennsylvania|
1. Marriage Record:
2. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1800 (Broderbund CD-312): not found.
3. 1810 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #2 of 5; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
4. Family Quest Archives: Pennsylvania Federal Census 1820: Tioga, Union, Warren, and Washington Counties. Heritage Quest CD M33-113 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
4. Family Quest Archives: Pennsylvania Federal Census 1830: Tioga and Washington Counties. Heritage Quest CD M19-163 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
5. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1840 (Broderbund CD-316):
6. 1850 Census Index/Microfilm (online at GenealogyLibrary.com): East Finley Twp., Washington Co., PA, p. 544B, 123/123, enumerated 28 Oct 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
7. 1790-1870 Census Index (online at Ancestry.com):
8. The Families of George Ealy, East Finley Township, and Michael Ely, Buffalo Township, Washington [County], Pennsylvania (online at the Washington Co., PA, GenWeb site).
9. Bernard Ely. Descendants of George ELEY [link died] (online at the FamilyTreeMaker users pages).
10. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: Ancestral File.
11. WorldConnect (online at RootsWeb.com).
12. Broderbund. World Family Trees. Vol. 17, Pedigree No. 1125.
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents