Table of Contents
of the Hunt for Ancestors!
|Microsoft Explorer and Chrome no longer display "plain vanilla" HTML code correctly. Please use Firefox to view my pages.|
|Abel Rathbone CORBIN
Virginia Paine GRANT
|Husband: Abel Rathbone CORBIN
Birth: 24 May 1808, Otsego, Otsego Co., NY
Baptism: 17 Aug 1817, Congregational Church, Exeter, Otsego Co., NY
Death: 28 Mar 1880, Jersey City, Hudson Co., NJ
Disposition: buried Oxford, Chenango Co., NY
Occupation: journalist, newspaper editor (Missouri Argus), teacher, attorney, financier, real estate speculator
Offices: clerk of claims, House of Representatives, Washington, DC
Historical Event: 24 Sep 1869, "Black Friday" stock market crash
Father: Eliakim Lyon CORBIN
Mother: Lodama RATHBONE
|Marriage-1: 11 Jun 1835, St. Louis, MO
Migration: ca. 1845, left Missouri for New York
|Wife-1: Elizabeth LEWIS
Birth: 3 Apr 1794, Harrison Co., KY
Death: 9 Jul 1868, New York City, NY
Other Spouses: m1. 25 Jun 1807, St. Louis, MO, Gabriel LONG (1781-1822); m2. 30 Apr 1823, Rev. Alexander McALLISTER
Other Children: five surnamed LONG, three surnamed McALLISTER (see below)
Father: John LEWIS (1761-1825)
Mother: Elizabeth HARVEY ( -1816)
|Marriage-2: 12 May 1869, Covington, Kenton Co., KY|
|Wife-2: Virginia Paine "Jane / Jennie" GRANT
Birth: 20 Feb 1832, Georgetown, Pleasant Twp., Brown Co., OH
Death: 30 Jun 1913, East Orange, Essex Co., NJ
Father: Jesse Root GRANT
Mother: Hannah SIMPSON
|. Ann / Anna A. McALLISTER
. Mary M. McALLISTER
. James R. McALLISTER
|Child with Elizabeth LEWIS:|
|1. (Child) CORBIN; died in infancy|
|Child with Virginia GRANT:|
|2. Virginia "Jennie" CORBIN, b. 4 Aug 1870, presumably in Elizabeth, Union Co., NJ; died in infancy|
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Kentucky, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio|
1. Marriage Record:
2. 1840 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #14 of 44; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
3. 1850 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #
4. 1860 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #284-285 of 560): Washington (4th Ward), District of Columbia, Roll M653_103, pp. 286-287, PN 172-173, enumerated 23 Jun 1860, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1860 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
5. 1870 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #455 of 530: Elizabeth P.O., Elizabeth (Ward 6), Union Co., NJ, Roll M593_890, p. 539A, PN 57, enumerated 29 Jul 1870, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1870 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
6. 1880 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #25 of 54): 530 Panama Ave., Jersey City (5th Dist., 2nd Pct.), Hudson Co., NJ, Roll T9_784, p. 398D, PN 26x25, SD 2, ED 31, enumerated 14 Jun 1880, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1880 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
7. 1890 Census: the 1890 Census Population Schedules were destroyed.
8. 1900 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #3 of 42): 347 William, East Orange (Ward 2), Essex Co., NJ, Roll T623_968 (Book 2), p. 92A, SN 2, SD 2, ED 174, enumerated 1 Jun 1900, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1900 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
9. 1910 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #6 of 45): 70 Lenox Ave., East Orange City (Ward 3), Essex Co., NJ, Roll T624_883 (Book 1), p. 71B, SN 3B, SD 7, ED 167, enumerated 16 Apr 1910, official enumeration date 15 Apr 1910 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):¤
10. Anon. Wednesday, 30 Mar 1880. "The Late Abel R.
Corbin." The New York Times (New York City, NY), p. 10 (online
11. Anon. Tuesday, 1 Jul 1913. [Obituary.] New York Times (New York, NY), p. 9 (online at nytimes.com):
12. Harvey M. Lawson, compiler. 1905. Descendants of Clement Corbin of Muddy River (Brookline, Ma. and Woodstock, Ct): with notices of other lines of Corbins. Hartford Press, Hartford, CT (online at Ancestry.com and at GoogleBooks):
13. Lawrence M. Salinger, ed. c2005. Encyclopedia of White-Collar & Corporate Crime. 2 vols. Sage Publ., Thousand Oaks, CA.
14. Black Friday, September 24, 1869 (online at pbs.orb).
16. Broderbund. World Family Trees. Vol. 5, Pedigree #1435. (All on the GRANT ancestry; no help with CORBIN.)
17. WorldConnect / Ancestry World Trees (online at RootsWeb.com/Ancestry.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents