Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Thomas P. THOMPSON
Mary Ann RAY
Emila A. MARABLE
Simmie Ann [STRONG?]
|WARNING: this Thomas P. THOMPSON is being confused with the Thomas P. THOMPSON who married Susan/Susie A. STRONG. Despite the similarities, these are two different couples. But the question then becomes whether the parents purported to being Simmie Ann's are really Susan's. Or were Susan and Simmie Ann sisters? (Which makes them both having married a Thomas P. THOMPSON all the more of a coincidence.) Based on the census, our subject died before 1860, which means the other Thomas P. THOMPSON is likely the one who died in the Civil War in 1861 (or some other Thomas P. THOMPSON still — it's a common name). Our subject is said to have married three times, which, given the age difference between him and Simmie Ann is probably the case.|
|NOTICE: a patrilineal descendant of our subject is participating in the THOMPSON Y-DNA Surname Project. Anyone who suspects he descends from our subject on a direct male line can support that connection with a DNA test.|
|Husband: Thomas P. THOMPSON
Birth: 1807/8, GA
Y-DNA Haplogroup: I1
Thomas is said to have middle name, Patterson, but I have found no primary record giving him a middle name.
|Marriage-1: aft. 1830|
|Wife-1: Mary Ann RAY
Death: bef. 1840
|Marriage-2: 2 Sep 1840, Oglethorpe Co., GA|
|Wife-2: Emila A. MARABLE
Other Spouse said to be: m2. Mr. HOWARD
Father said to be: William MARRABLE
WARNING: there is no proof that the Thomas THOMPSON who married Emila A. MARABLE is our subject. If Emila had another spouse, surnamed HOWARD, she must have divorced Thomas because she married Thomas as Emila MARABLE.
|Wife-3: Simeon / Sinean / Simmian / Simmie Ann / Annie / Ann
Birth (according to censuses): 1825-30, GA
Birth said to be: 14 Oct 1828 or 1829, Clarke Co., GA
Death said to be: 31 Oct 1911, Campti, Nachitoches Par. LA
Other Spouse: m2. 7 Jan 1869, Nachitoches Par., LA, William Major FRIDAY
Father said to be: Charles Robert STRONG (1786-1845)
|Children with Mary Ann RAY:|
|If Thomas had any surviving children with his first wife, he apparently didn't keep them with him.|
|Children with Emila Ann MARABLE said to be:|
| 1. W. T. THOMPSON, b. 8 May 1841;
d. 20 Jul 1841
2. Mary Frances THOMPSON, b. 20 Oct 1842, Clarke(?) Co., GA; d. ca. 1880
If such a daughter exists, I certainly cannot find her in the 1850 census.
|Children with Simmie Ann:|
|— born in Hillsboro, Scott Co., MS:
3. Robert THOMPSON, b. 20 Apr 1846; d. 3 Mar 1899; m. Jenny PHEGLEY
4. William Augustus THOMPSON, b. 9 Nov 1848
5. John THOMPSON, b. 10 Jun 1850; d. 10 Oct 1850, Scott Co., MS
6. Christopher THOMPSON, b. 20 Jan 1851; d. 1 Dec 1851, Scott Co., MS
7. Sarah W. [Victoria?] THOMPSON, b. 20 Sep 1852
— born in Winnfield, Winn Par., LA:
— born in Campti, Natchitoches Par., LA:
|Other Kin (Nieces?):|
Molen / Mollin / Molline THOMPSON - b. 1856/7 or 5 Oct 1860, LA
. Dunice? / Denise? THOMPSON - b. 1858/9, LA
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Utah|
1a. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1993. Georgia Marriages: Early to 1850. Liahona Research, Orem, UT (Broderbund CD-226):
1b. D.L. Murray & N.R. Murray. 1995. Marriage Index: AL, GA, SC, 1641-1944. Salt Lake City, UT (Broderbund CD-3):
1c. D.L. Murray & N.R. Murray. 1995. Marriage Index: Louisiana, 1718-1925 (Broderbund CD-1): not found.
1d. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1995. Marriage Index: AR, CA, IA, LA, MN, MO, OR, TX, 1728-1850. Liahona Research, Orem, UT (Broderbund CD-227): not found.
2. 1830 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #5-6 of 6; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
3. 1840 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #3-4 of 6; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
4. 1850 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #43 of 67): Scott Co., MS, Roll M432_381, p. 274A, 271/271, enumerated 26 Aug 1850, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1850 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
5. 1860 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #26 of 184): Natichitoches P.O., Natchitoches Par., LA, Roll M653_414, p. 452, PN 26, 202/202, enumerated 31 Aug 1860, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1860 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
6. 1870 Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #16 of 26): Coushatta Chute P.O., Ward 2, Natchitoches Par., LA, Roll M593_518, p. 327B, PN 16, 110/118, enumerated 6 Jul 1870, official enumeration date 1 Jun 1870 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
7. Archives to the THOMPSON-L mailing list (online at RootsWeb.com):
8. Participant in the THOMPSON Y-chromosome DNA Surname Project at FamilyTreeDNA.
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control.
|Table of Contents