Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
Mary Elizabeth MASHBURN
Mary Ann JOHNSTON
|Husband: Joseph GIBSON
Birth: 13 May 1813, TN
Death: 18 or 28 May 1895, Bradley, Monterey Co., CA
Disposition: buried San Lucas Cemetery, San Lucas, Monterey Co., CA
Father said to be: John B. GIBSON (1776-1837), s/o Patrick GIBSON (c1750s-1817)
Mother said to be: [Jane] Jenny WILSON, d/o John WILSON & Elizabeth HARRIS
|Marriage-1: ca. 1835, prob. TN|
|Wife-1: Mary Elizabeth MASHBURN
Birth: ca. 1817
Death: 1849/50, AR
Father probably: William MASHBURN
Some sources say these are Mary's parents, but
they did not marry until late in 1823, which would mean Mary would have
been only 11 years old when she married Joseph.
|Marriage-2: aft. 1861|
|Wife-2: Mary Ann JOHNSTON
Birth: 4 Dec 1826 or 14 Dec 1827, Lawrence Co., TN
Death: 2 or 5 May 1895 San Lucas, Monterey Co., CA
Disposition: buried cemetery at San Lucas, Monterey Co., CA
Other spouse: m1. 1845, James Madison BASHAM
Father: Samuel Carter JOHNSTON, Sr.
Mother: Margaret Ann SPRINGER
|Children with Mary MASHBURN:|
Anna GIBSON, b. 2 Jun 1836, TN
2. Margaret Elizabeth GIBSON, b. 7 Dec 1838, Bradley Co., TN
3. William Asberry "Billy" GIBSON, b. 1839/40, AR
4. John GIBSON, b. 1841/2, Madison Co., AR
4. Mary A. GIBSON, b. 1843, Madison Co., AR; m. Mr. McCRACKEN
5. Samuel GIBSON, b. 1843, Madison Co., AR
6. Thomas J. GIBSON, b. 1845/6, Madison Co., AR
7. George Lafayette GIBSON, b. 29 Feb 1847, Madison Co., AR
8. Jasper GIBSON, b. 1849/50, d. bef. 1860
|Children with Mary Ann JOHNSTON:|
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, Arkansas, Tennessee|
1. Family Group Sheet compiled by Betty Ann (Matthiesen) Cogliati and her grandmother, Maude Irene (Thompson) Rose.
2. James Lynn Parham. 1998. An Alabama Rose Garden: the Rose Family of Lauderdale and Limestone Counties. Gateway Press, Baltimore, MD.
3. Anon. 1998. "Margaret Elizabeth (Gibson) Rose Thompson." Rose Family Bulletin, vol. XXXIII, no. 129, p. 4207 (with photo).
4. Joseph Gibson's 1888 voter registration in Monterey Co., CA, says he was b. 1813 in Tennessee.
5. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1840 (Broderbund CD-316):
6. 1850 Census: Kings River Twp., Madison Co., AR, 377/377 (online at the Madison County ARGenWeb site):
7. 1860 Census: Kings River Twp., Madison Co., AR, Family #800 (extracted by Larry Kuttner and by Joe Mashburn):
8. 1870 Census: Madison Co., AR, 107/112 (extracted by Larry Kuttner):
9. 1880 Census: Madison Co., AR, 196/200 (extracted by Larry Kuttner):
10. Public Member Trees: Joseph Gibson Letter (online at Ancestry.com):
11. Archives of the MASHBURN-L mailing list (online at RootsWeb.com).
12. Emails from Larry Kuttner.
13. Emails from Joe Mashburn.
14. Email from Donna Stang.
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents