Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Microsoft Explorer and Chrome no longer display "plain vanilla" HTML code correctly. Please use Firefox to view my pages.|
|Rev. Richard CAVE
|Husband: Richard CAVE
Birth: 1772, Orange Co., VA
Death: 24 Aug 1836, Boone Co., MO
Religion: Christian Church, Founding Elder of the Red Top Church, Boone Co., MO
Event: 25 Sep 1821, purchased land in Boone Co., MO
Father: John CAVE
Mother: Mildred BELL
|Marriage-1: 7 Jan 1792, Woodford Co., KY|
|Wife-1: Sarah "Sally" WOOD
Birth: 1765-84, but probably ca. 1775
Death: 1813, Woodford Co., KY
|Wife-2: Nancy BRENT
Birth: 1774/5, VA
Death (æ 75y): 1 Jan 1850, Boone Co., MO
Disposition: buried Cave Cemetery (S31.T49N.R12W), Boone Co., MO
Father: William BRENT
|Children with Sarah WOOD — born in Woodford Co., KY:|
|1. Martha "Patsy" CAVE, b. 1792-94; d. 31 Dec 1840, Boone Co.,
MO; bur. Talbott Cem. (SW¼ S25.T49N.R13W), Boone Co., MO; m. 16
Oct 1812, Bourbon Co., KY, Richard TALBOTT
2. Nancy CAVE, b. ca. 1798; m. 10 Mar 1821, Boone Co., MO, Thomas KENNAN
3. Elizabeth CAVE, b. 28 Jan 1799; d. Sep 1869; bur. Phillips Cem., Boone Co., MO; m. 17 Dec 1818, Hiram PHILLIPS
4. William CAVE, b. 1800
5. John CAVE, b. 1800-1810
6. Louisa CAVE, b. 1800-1810
7. Susannah "Susan" CAVE, b. 1800-1810; m. 6 Aug 1832, Boone Co., MO, William Y. WESTERFIELD
|Children with Nancy BRENT:|
|Sources (n.b., Woodford Co. was
formed from Fayette Co. in 1788/9; in 1792, Scott Co. was formed from Woodford
Co.; in 1794/5, Franklin Co. was formed from Woodford Co.; there were no
further changes in the boundaries of Woodford Co.):
1. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1993. Kentucky Marriages: Early to 1850. Liahona Research, Orem, UT (Broderbund CD-229):
2. Anon. 1991. The 1795 Census of Kentucky [as constructed from tax lists]. T.L.C. Genealogy, Miami Beach, FL (said to include every extant tax list from the state of Kentucky for the year 1795):
3a. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1800 (Broderbund CD-312): the 1800 Census of KY was destroyed.
3b. 1790-1870 Census Index (online at Ancestry.com):
4. 1790-1870 Census Index (online at Ancestry.com):
5. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1820 (Broderbund CD-314): not found, which probably means he was in Missouri. (There was no 1820 Census in Missouri because it was not yet a state.)
6a. Census Index: U.S. Selected Counties, 1830 (Broderbund CD-315):
6b. Family Quest Archives: Missouri Federal Census 1830: Scott, New Madrid, Wayne, Callaway, Boone, Howard, Cooper, Saline, Lafayette, Clay, Jackson, Randolph, Madison, Ralls, and Ray Counties. Heritage Quest CD M19-72 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
7. William F. Switzler. 1882. History of Boone County, Missouri. Western Historical Co., St. Louis, MO. An excerpt on the Red Top Christian Church mentions Richard Cave as founding Elder and early pastor of the church.
8. J.H. Spencer. 1886. A History of Kentucky Baptists from 1769 to 1885, including More than 800 Biographical Sketches. 2 vols. Self-published (republ. 1976 Church History Research & Archives, Lafayette, TN). Biographical sketch of Richard Cave in vol. 2, pp. 23-24. Almost no genealogical information, except to say that he was "the son of Captain Benjamin Cave of Orange county, Virginia, where he was born not far from the year 1750" — if you consider 25 years not "far off."
9. Broderbund. World Family Trees. Vol. 12, Pedigree No. 2241, submitted by David G. Kyle.
10. Descendants of Anthony Haden. [link died] Family TreeMaker User Home Page by Thomas Wayne Harris. Louisa Cave said to be daughter of Richard Cave and first cousin to Turner Richardson Hayden, Jr., husband of Rebecca Cave.
11. LDS. Family Search: Internet Genealogy Service: AF - Ancestral File (online at FamilySearch.org).
12. WorldConnect (online at RootsWeb.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents