Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Gen. John Gray BLOUNT
|Husband: John Gray BLOUNT
Birth: 21 Sep 1752, Bertie Co., NC
Death: 4 Jan 1833, Washington, Beaufort Co., NC
Migration: moved to the Forks of the Tar River
Residence: helped establish the town of Washington
Occupation: owned gristmills, sawmills, tanneries, cotton gins, shipping; was a merchant, farmer, slave trader
Occupation: 1791-1815, Postmaster at Washington, Beaufort Co., NC
Office: 1782-1793, Representative to House of Commons from Beaufort Co., NC
Office: 1791, 1793, 1795, served in the senate
Office: Justice of the Peace, Beaufort Co., NC
Office: Trustee of the Univeristy of North Carolina
Office: Commissioner of the Port of Bath
Historical Event: 1789, played a role in the ratification of the U.S. Constitution
Note: one of the largest landowners in the history of the United States
Father: Capt. Jacob BLOUNT
Mother: Barbara GRAY
|Marriage: 17 Sep 1778, Perquimans Co., NC|
|Wife: Mary HARVEY
Birth: definitely 1755-65, probably 1756-59
Death: 1810-20, presumably in Washington, Beaufort Co., NC
Father: Col. Miles HARVEY
|Children — born in Beaufort Co., NC:|
| 1. (Son A) BLOUNT, b. 1774-90
2. (Son B) BLOUNT, b. 1774-90
3. (Daughter A) BLOUNT, b. bef. 1790
4. (Daughter B) BLOUNT, b. bef. 1790
5. (Daughter C) BLOUNT, b. bef. 1790
6. (Daughter D) BLOUNT, b. bef. 1790
7. Thomas Harvey BLOUNT, b. 12 Oct 1781
8. Elizabeth "Betsy" BLOUNT, b. 1784-90
9. John Gray BLOUNT, b. 1785; m. Sarah "Sally" HAYWOOD
10. Mary Ann "Polly" BLOUNT, b. 1787; m. William W. RODMAN
11. William Augustus BLOUNT, b. 26 Oct 1792
12. Harriet Eliza BLOUNT, b. 1795
13. Lucy Olivia BLOUNT, b. 8 Apr 1799; m. 16 Jun 1831, Beaufort Co., NC, Bryan GRIMES
14. Martha Baker "Patsy" BLOUNT, b. 3 Jan 1802
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, North Carolina|
1a. Jordan R. Dodd, ed. 1993. North Carolina Marriages: Early to 1850. Liahona Research, Orem, UT (Broderbund CD-229):
1b. D.L. Murray & N.R. Murray, compilers. 1995. Marriage Index: MD, NC, VA, 1624-1915 (Broderbund CD-4):
2. 1790 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #3 of 4; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
3. 1800 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #19 of 20 — list was roughly alphabetized; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
4. 1810 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #2 of 8; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
5. 1820 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #3 of 23 — list was roughly alphabetized; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
6. 1830 Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #1 of 21; extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
7. Helen M. Blount Prescott. 1902. Blount and Blunt. Press of W.F. Roberts, Washington, DC. [A single-page pedigree chart printed as a "poster."]
8. Armistead Jones Maupin. 1979. "Blount, John Gray..." Page 179 in William S. Powell, ed. Dictionary of North Carolina Biography. Vol. 1. University of South Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, SC. Maupin cites the following sources:
a. Alice Barnwell Keith & W.H. Masterson, eds. 1952-1965. The John Gray Blount Papers. Vols. 1-3. State Dept. of Archives and History, Raleigh, NC.9. Emails from Kyle VanLandingham.
10. WorldConnect / Ancestry World Trees (online at RootsWeb.com/Ancestry.com).
|Everything I have is online at this web site. I have no further information, so please don't write asking me if I do.
On the other hand, if you feel I've made an error, please don't hesitate to notify me, but in which case,
There are over 18,000 pages on this web site, and I simply don't remember every page, much less every person on every page.
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control again.
|Table of Contents