Table of Contents
of the Hunt — for Ancestors!
|Norman C. ELLIOTT
Nina Gale STRAUB
|Husband: Norman C. ELLIOT / ELLIOTT
Birth: 16 Apr 1905, CA
Death: Sep 1964
Occupation: bank clerk
Father: Charles Milton ELLIOTT (1878-1959) of Erie, Erie Co., PA
Mother: Ruby Frances RICHIE (1883-1928) of Watsonville, Santa Cruz Co., CA
|Marriage: 1927; Divorce: ca. 1931|
|Wife: Nina Gale STRAUB
Birth: 7 Jan 1907, Turlock, Stanislaus Co., CA
Death: 15 Jan 1991, Saratoga, Santa Clara Co., CA
Occupation: stenographer, art teacher, homemaker
Other Spouse: m2. 11 Sep 1941, Reno, Washoe Co., NV, Arthur Robert MATTHIESEN
Father: Albert Roy STRAUB
Mother: Nina WILLIS
|Keywords for search engines: genealogy; USA, US, United States, California, Nevada, Pennsylvania|
1. Interviews of my mother, Nina Gale (STRAUB) MATTHIESEN.
2 . 1910 U.S. Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): Norman C. ELLIOTT (æ 5, b. CA) is living in Watsonville (Ward 1), Santa Cruz Co., CA (p. 61B), with his parents, Charles N. ELLIOTT (æ 30, b. PA) & Ruby F. (æ 27, b. CA), plus siblings, and Charles's mother-in-law and brother-in-law, both surnamed RICHIE.
3. 1920 U.S. Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): Norman ELLIOTT (æ 14, b. CA) is living at 71 Raymond Ave., San Jose (Roselawn Pct.), Santa Clara Co., CA (p. 118A), with his parents, Charles ELLIOTT (æ 41, b. PA) & Ruby (æ 37, b. CA), plus siblings. Gale STRAUB (æ 13, b. CA) is living on Monterey Road, Burnett Twp., Santa Clara Co., CA, with her parents (q.v.).
4. 1930 U.S. Census Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com; Image #30 of 38): 505 Hicks Avenue, [City of San Jose,] San Jose Twp., Gardner Pct., Santa Clara Co., CA, p. 131A, SN 16A, ED 43-84, SD 10, enumerated 8 Apr 1930, official enumeration date 1 Apr 1930 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
5a. 1940 U.S. Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com): There is a Norman ELLIOTT (æ 34, b. CA; carpenter) living in the Burbank Dist. [now City of San Jose], Santa Clara Judicial Twp., Santa Clara Co., CA (p. 2253A), with wife, Elizabeth (æ 30, b. CA) and no children, who likely is our subject.
5b. 1940 U.S. Census Every-Name-Index/Images (online at Ancestry.com, Image #27 of 30): Hotel at 467 Main Street, Watsonville City (Ward 1), Watsonville Twp., Santa Cruz Co., CA, Roll T627_343, p. 424A, SN 81A, SD 8, ED 44-26, enumerated 9 Apr 1940, official enumeration date 1 Apr 1940 (extracted by Diana Gale Matthiesen):
6. SSDI: Social Security Death Index (online at Ancestry.com):
7. Public Member Trees (online at Ancestry.com)
|"The Cloud" is double-speak for "dumb terminal
on a main frame." Been there; done that. Never again.
You are giving away not only your privacy, but control of your data, your apps, and your computer to a corporation. Is that really where you want to go?
The IT guys on the big iron hated the Personal Computer because it gave users freedom and power; now they've conned you into being back under their control.
|Table of Contents